We all know the duality of the past right. Obviously it is the future.
So somewhere in between there we get to the “Now”. Many things in duality have shades of grey as you approach the middle. Is it really possible to be exactly in the middle? Take right and wrong. There is always a middle but defining the middle for any issue is near impossible and has a lot of gray area.
So in a case where a true middle exists, shouldn't you be able to determine the duality of that thing. So what is the duality of “Now”?
Antonym searches on the web bring up words such as then or later. Isn’t that the same as the future? So is the duality of the future “Now”, and not the past? What would the duality of the past be?
Antonym searches say it is the future. So is “Now” synonymous with the past? Or could the “Now” be so misunderstood that we have no true antonym? Is the “Now” so small that it compares in size to the atom. If the atom is conscious then is “Now” conscious? Does the “Now” die every nanosecond and become immortal in its past? Or does the now never die?
I think the only true duality of “Now”, is “Not Now”. It also seems to me that 99.9999% percent of us live in the “Not Now”. We seem only to think about the future or the past. Would time stop if we lived in the “Now”?
Back to what I wrote 30 years ago:
“The only wish that comes true in life is the one that wishes your life away”. I am not talking about wishing for a new watch, because we all have the ability to make that come true. I am talking a true out of the lamp Genie wish.
Have you ever wished it was Friday and it not come true? Yes it took a while for it to come true possibly, but did it really. How much do you remember of the time it took for that Friday or specific day to appear? How much of that time do you remember? Here I am at 45 years and if I had to write a biography I could probably come up with a couple years of time. So although I know it took 45 years to get to this Friday it seems only like a year. Did I live in the “Now” for those things I remember in my past? Was I so seldom in the now that my life feels like a blink of an eye? So maybe I should live in the “Now” more often and maybe savor it.
“Now” I wish I had saved all my Journals instead of just one.
“Now” I wish for the below watch.
Of course I wish it said "Now" instead of "Present"
Source of Picture
No comments:
Post a Comment