Monday, April 5, 2010

Duality of Public School

Duality of Public School? Nature as the classroom?

Do geniuses come from school? I don’t really know how much Edison, Einstein, Tesla learned from School, but somehow I don’t think school really teaches people to be geniuses. People believe these people were born gifted. I tend to believe that these people just enjoyed thinking. How many educated children or adults do you think likes to think? I mean genius type thinking and truly loving to think and solve problems? From my post a few days ago couldn’t a passion to solve the video game be similar to the passion to solve a problem through thinking?

So how do we teach people to think?

So we tell the youth they were good but not great? Did they get a 99% on their test and told it was okay? Or that it wasn’t good enough? Did we even ask them how it was that they missed that question? Was the question clear, did you misunderstand? Did you get distracted? Could I have done something to make that question clearer easier to understand? Was my design of the test only 99% perfect?

Why isn’t this genius as common a name as Einstein and Edison? I have my dualistic thoughts but I leave them up to you. This is a long video but very good.




No comments:

Post a Comment